Are you skilled and motivated, and looking to join a young, dynamic company specializing in the development and production of patented fender systems for maritime transport? Then we are looking for you.
You will receive in-house training in coating (polyurea spraying), so experience is not required. We are looking for a passionate, critical and driven assistant/apprentice who is very good with their hands to join our team in the coating booth (long-term).
Since its start in 2012, Fender Innovations has gained an excellent reputation for developing and producing super strong, lightweight fender systems of the highest quality. Fender Innovations has seen tremendous growth ever since and built up a large and diverse international customer base, ranging from superyacht manufacturers to the largest shipbuilders in the world, often with specialist and specific requests.
As a coating booth apprentice, you will learn how to apply the plastic coating to the manufactured fenders, using the latest thermal spraying equipment. We will teach you how to use and maintain the machinery in the technical spaces, and one some occasions, you will assist the workshop staff in the fender system production process. You may also be asked to train in on-site fender coating.
Your duties include
- Learning to apply coating to produced fenders
- Learning to maintain the machinery in the technical spaces
- Tidying the spraying areas
- Assisting your coating booth colleagues in all duties required
- Technical understanding
- Being very good with your hands
- Experience in engineering or coating is preferred, but not required
- Great precision
- Vocational education/training, no diploma required
- Holding at least a category B driving licence
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and/or English.
- No 9-to-5 mentality
As a coating booth operative, you need to be flexible, accurate, a team player and have good problem-solving skills. You also need to be hard-working, proactive, motivated, service-minded, have a clear sense of responsibility and good social and communication skills.
- A friendly working environment
- In-house training in fender coating/plastic spraying
- An enthusiastic team of colleagues
- Career opportunities within the company, which is constantly evolving
- Varied work possible at various locations
- Salary in accordance with the collective agreement for light engineering/industry (CAO kleinmetaal/nijverheid)
- Professional development opportunities
- Employment of 38 hours per week
If you are the person we are looking for, please email your covering letter and CV to:
Chief Operations Officer
Tel. +31 6 23251756
Acquisition in response to these vacancies is not appreciated.