Are you the Sales Engineer who wants to join a young, dynamic company specializing in the development and production of patented fender systems for maritime transport?
Since its start in 2012, Fender Innovations has gained an excellent reputation for developing and producing super strong, lightweight fender systems of the highest quality. Over the past five years, Fender Innovations has seen tremendous growth and built up a large and diverse international customer base.
Our company has two large, innovative five-axis CNC milling machines. These allow us to produce fenders up to a maximum length of 18.5 metres in one piece. We can create almost any shape, size and dimension, and we relish a challenge. Vessels throughout the world are equipped with our fender systems, including lifeboats, fast crew suppliers, superyacht tenders, RIBs, patrol boats, interceptors, water taxis, amphibious craft, fire fighting vessels and all kinds of workboats. We produce fenders for both new and existing vessels. Our fenders are used in over 28 countries.
Apart from developing and producing fender systems, we also install them and carry out any maintenance and repair work required. Our energetic and efficient service department was set up for this purpose.
We are looking for a passionate, critical and driven Sales Engineer to join our team.
As a Sales Engineer, you are responsible for preparing, drawing up and submitting quotations and monitoring their follow-up.
Your duties include:
- Drawing up, handling and following up quotations
- Performing technical calculations
- Providing cost estimates and subsequent calculations
- Supporting inside sales and purchasing
- Dealing with customers
- Higher professional/vocational education or equivalent ability, preferably in a technical field
- Background in sales (education or work experience)
- Commercial acumen
- At least five years' relevant work experience
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Senior vocational education in shipbuilding, mechanical engineering, construction or similar demonstrable experience
- Experience in marine engineering is preferred
- Great precision and dimensional accuracy
- Holding at least a category B driving licence
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English, preferably also German.
- No 9-to-5 mentality
As a Sales Engineer, you need to be flexible, accurate, a team player and have good problem-solving skills. You also need to be hard-working, capable of working under pressure, proactive, commercially aware, responsible, motivating, service-minded, and have good social and communication skills.
- A friendly working environment
- An enthusiastic team of colleagues
- Career opportunities within a constantly evolving company
- Salary commensurate with the position
- Professional development opportunities
- Employment of 38 hours per week
If you are the person we are looking for, please email your covering letter and CV to:
Chief Operations Officer
No agencies please.